Re: Digest Number 793

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 7, 2003

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
Dear Shri Swamin,
Please accept my pranams. That was an excellent way to interpret it. I was
taken aback a little wondering why would Shri Andal worship manmatan. Thanks
for the wonderful viewpoint. For those who are not familiar with that
reference, Shri Vyasa Bhagavan describes Shri Krishna Paramatma in
mahabharatha in the following verses:

Thaasamaashruda bhushourihi smayamaana mukhambhujaha
Peetambaratharashragvee saakshaath manmatha manmathaha

My apologies for any mistakes.

Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,
Lakshmi Narasimhan

-------Original Message-------

From: bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 16:48:08
To: bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Digest Number 793

Dear Bhagavatas:
What I have heard from Acharyas is that ANDAL was NOT praying to Kaama but
to "Saakshath Manmata Manmata:" who is none other than her KrishNa Himself!
She is unlike other girls who are after getting a good husband.

In fact, she says "maniDarkku PEchup paDil naan VaazhagillEn" -
"I will not live to marry a mere mortal man"
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy