Re: Fwd: Re: Your posting--2nd Question- Thiruppavai as Veda Vittu ??

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 7, 2003

Smt. Vathsala,
I would refer you to the article "thiruppavai - 3" of Shri Anand Karalappakam dt.28/2/99 appearing in BHAKTI LIST ARCHIEVES 1999, which in my opinion will clear your doubt.
With Best Wishes,
K. Raman

 Vathsala Srinivasan  wrote:
Vathsala Srinivasan wrote: Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:51:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Vathsala Srinivasan
Subject: Re: Your posting--2nd Question
To: Narasimhan Krishnamachari

Sri Narasimhan,

I think that you missed my 2nd question and hence posting the same seperately.

Iam regularly watching thirupavai upanyasam in jaya TV by Shri Andavan Swamilgal and Shri Azhagiya Singar swamigaL and also Shri Velikudi krishnan swamigaL thru podigai TV. I happened to visit some temples around madras to hear the upanyasams. In every upanyasam, i find the explanation about how Andal in the baavam of gopika wakes other girls to sing on krishna. No upanyasakar told how this thirupavai is "vedamanaithukkum vithu".How can a simple "wake up" songs be seed of all vedas? Is it a right statement or statement to just praise thirupavai? I request learned members to clear my doubt.If my question is wrong, forgive me.

Vathsala Srinivasan