Re: [SriRangaSri] Origins of rig veda declared here in this site

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 27, 2002

Namaskaarams,

I'm not sure if this is of any help, but here is a link, [the first three
chapters of a book by a Dr.Kenneth Chandler], in which he pushes back the
origin of the Rig Veda by at least four millennia, from around 1500-2000
B.C, to around 6000 B.C, or even earlier. Also, several historians seem to
use the term 'cognized by the Rshis' to differentiate it from attributing
the Rshis as the direct authors of the Vedas, thereby preserving their
Apaurusheya nature.
http://sanskrit.bhaarat.com/Dale/pdf/ORIGINS.PDF

Recent findings on this topic are summed up nicely in a book called In
Search of the Cradle of Civilization : New Light on Ancient India
by George Feuerstein, David Frawley and Subhash Kak, Published 1995. A
review of the book is available
at:    http://www.iisc.ernet.in/ssangha/archives/1998/jun2sept.html

In fact, the attribution of the (_Cognizance_ of the) Vedas to such early
periods in human history[i.e, long before Max Mueller's estimate of 1500BC,
which is the date given in the links you had provided], and refuting the
'Aryan Invasion Theory' is the result of work done by many modern
Indologists today. It's a sad state of affairs that we Indians have to look
to researchers from other nations to establish the antiquity of our
culture, but then again, maybe we should be proud that our origins are
steeped in such ancient time that the world's best historians still haven't
been able to date them convincingly... :)

Thanks.
sincerely,

    Pavithra.