Re: saranagathi & karma===question

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 22, 2002

srImathE rAmAnujAya namaha
srImadh varavara munayE namaha

Dear Smt Raji,

The meaning of those Sri AndAL's verses are to be read like this. She goes
to say that once we (the jeevAtmAs) get  Bhagavath sambhandam, out of His
pure love towards us, and henceforth doing kainkaryam to Him by either
reciting (vAyinAl pAdi), or even just think about Him (manathinAl
sindhikka), or pay obeisance with flowers (thoomalar thoovi thozhudhu),  He
will either neglect the past misdeeds (here to be interpreted as the karma)
{this is the vadagalai position} or consider the past misdeeds as bhOgyam
for Him {this is the thenkalai position} and get us absolved of them  If
this is so, what about the ones that we have earned in this birth. Sri
AndAL says, even those will be gone like an ash when contact is established
with fire.

poya pizhayum puhutharuvAn - He removes the past misdeeds from our account

ninranavum - the remaining ones in this birth,

theeyinil thoosagum - Just like, anything that falls into fire will turn
into ashes.

AzhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyar thiruvadigaLE saraNam
adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh

AzhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyar thiruvadigaLE saraNam
adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh

                    RAJI SRIDHAR
                    < >         cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: saranagathi & karma
                    21-01-02             ===question
                    12:57 PM

Pranams

After reading this and Sriman Krishna's mail and
Sriman's Prabhu's reply on Karma, I have a doubt.
Hope someone clarify this.

"Poya pizhayum puhutharuvan ninranavum theeyinil
thoosagum"

What exactly Andal is conveying in this?

Pranams
raji sridhar

--- tg_ram  wrote:
> SrImatE nigamAnta-mahaa-dESikaaya nama:
> thanjap-para-gatiyait-thandharuLvOn vaazhiyE !
> senthamizh thoopuL thiru-venkaTavan vaazhiyE !
>

> Obviously,  "SaraNAgati" in the sense of
> "high-degree of
> Surrenderedness to SrIman-nArAyaNa" does not
> immediately cause  the
> physical/gross/material body to disappear nor the
> sins/merits that
> must be experienced through the gross body.

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

 The   information  contained  in  this message is  legally  privileged and
 confidential   information  intended  only   for the use of  the addressed
 individual   or  entity   indicated  in this  message (or  responsible for
 delivery   of  the  message to such person).  It must not be read, copied,
 disclosed,  distributed  or  used  by any person other than the addressee.
 Unauthorised  use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may be
 unlawful.

 Opinions, conclusions  and other information on  this message  that do not
 relate  to  the  official business of  any of the constituent companies of
 the  SANMAR GROUP  shall  be  understood as  neither given nor endorsed by
 the Group.

 If  you   have  received  this  message in error,  you should destroy this
 message and kindly notify the sender by e-mail.

 Thank you.