Re: regarding casteism Is there historic support ?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 18, 2002

Dear Sri Madhavakannan -

Thanks for your knoweldgeable comments. What are the
DIRECT statements from sruti and smrti  indicating
caste is by birth only ? Knowing this would convince
me.

While I do not want to base my arguments based on Al
Beruni's comments, it definitely gives a pointer to
the state of society. The fact that there is
degradation is clear from the fact that except for
brahmins (that too some) others do not perform the
samskaras.

Rajaram V.

--- Madhavakkannan V

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!