From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 22, 2001

Dear Sri K Balaji,

You wrote:

>But in Karnataka and some temples in AP ThAyAr sannadhi is located
to >the left of PerumAl sannadhi

This difference in position of thAyar is specific to some temples in
Karnataka. Adiyen is not sure about the position of thAyar in AP.

You can see this difference in Nambi Naarayanar Koil in Thodanur
(about  12 kms from Melukote). There is also Nambi Naarayanar
Sannidhi in Krishnar Koil,11th Cross,Malleswaram,Bangalore. You may
want to have a darshanam of Nambi Naarayanar there.

The Reason : Nambi Naarayanar has the chakram in his right hand and
shang in his left hand. While other forms of perumal like
Thiruvengadan , Aaramudhan etc have chakram in left hand and shang in
right hand.

This is because Nambi Naarayanr is performing samaashrayanam to his
bhakta. ==I have forgotten the name and details== but this is the
reason why Nambi Naarayanar has chakram and shang inter-changed.

This is also the reason why thAyar in Nambi Naarayanar Sannidhi is on
the left side of Perumal.

+++This is what adiyen can think of, but adiyen is not sure that this
may be a befitting reply to your question. I request vaidikas to
provide some pramAnam/explanation for the position inter-change+++

Sri Balaji, you may wish to consult Koil Bhattar who are well versed
in Pancharaatra Aagamams (Protocols of worship).

Thanks and Regards,

Daasan Malolan

--- K Balaji  wrote: > Dear BhAgavathAs

http://auctions.yahoo.com/