RE: Dr.N.S.Anatha Rangachar's Tele-Upanyasam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 15, 2001

Putrakameshti yagam is kamya karma.  kamya karma is not nishiddha or denied
in the shastras.  but kamya karma will not help in attainment of spiritual
perfection.  One has to experience the good or bad effects of kamya karma
and then only work for spiritual perfection. Dasharatha was not looking for
moksha. He was looking for a person to take care of his kingdom.  Hence he
wanted a son to take care of it.  It is perfectly fine that he did it.  What
is wrong when he is not looking for moksha.  In fact Smt. Radharangarajan
pointed out that Dasharatha went to svarga after death (not moksha) as per
Ramayana.  That is fine.

for us who are only interested in moksha, we should be careful to avoid
kamyakarma since it is useless in helping us attain moksha.

adiyen Krishna

-----Original Message-----
From: Malolan Cadambi [mailto:mcadambi@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 3:36 PM
To: bhakti-list@egroups.com; malolan_net@egroups.com
Subject: Dr.N.S.Anatha Rangachar's Tele-Upanyasam

sri:
srimathe ramanujaya namaha
srimathe nigamantha maha desikaya namaha

Dear Bhaktas,

adiyen was blessed to listen to the tele-upanyasam od
U.Ve.Dr.N.S.Anantha Rangachar(NSA).

Sri NSA and Sri NSA's brother Sri Karyam of
Poundareekapuram Ashramam in Bangalore U.Ve.Dr.Anantha
Narasimhachar (Kittu Vaadyar) is very well know to our
family.

I have one small question which I was a bit late in
posting to the forum during the tele-upanyasam.

Swami NSA mentions about the demerits of kamyakarmam.
PutrakamEsthi yagam is a sort of kamyakarmam. In
Srimad Ramayanam Dasharathar performs PutrakamEsthi
yagam. How is the event explained on a vaidika stand?

Smt.Radha Rangarajan had answered my question, but my
PC Phone got cut off by the time I could listen to her
answer.

I would be glad to get this naieve doubt of mine
clarified.

Thanks and Regards,

daasan Malolan

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
Srivan Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama: