Re: "tiruppAvai" and Mahatma Gandhi

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 25, 2000

Dear Sampath:

I entirely agree with your sentiments.  Group singing of Bhajans, Goshti
Parayanam of Vedas and Divya Prabandham all add to the great joy of enjoying
EmperumAn.  There is a great emphasis on praying together in Sri
Vaishnavism.

I have always seen that whenever we work in groups, it provides us an
opportunity to shed our ego and understand each other better.  We realize
that we are all united by the 'Vasudeva Tatva'.  To borrow from Covey, as we
evolve from dependance (Dvaita) to independance (Advaita), we soon realize
that the process of evolution ends in inter-dependance (VishishtAdvaita).

There are also thoughts from great thinkers that spiritual progress is made
in loneliness - "Souls are not liberated in bundles" - Emerson.  May be, we
must achieve a good blend of everything - Bhajans, Japam, Dhyanam etc..

Dasan

Vijayaraghavan
Buffalo, NY