Re: Relating to Non-Vedic Religions - What is our stand ?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 4, 2000

This topic is beyond the perview of the Bhakti List, in my opinion.
Therefore, I will merely point out some literature in this regard, and web
links

1. A Hindu Critique of Islam and Christianity by Ram Swarup
2. Jesus Christ- An artifice for Aggression: By Sita Ram Goel
3. The Psychology of Prophetism: By Koenraad Elst
4. A History of Hindu-Christian Encounters: Sita Ram Goel
5. Understanding Islam through Haadis: Ram Swarup
6. Chaps 13-14 of Satyartha Prakash by Swami Dayanand Saraswati
7. Jizyah and the spread of Islam by Harsh Narain

These books will lead you to many other sources.

Now for some on-line Links:
1. Himalayan Academy Website
http://www.hindu.org/publications/

2. Some important on-line books are available at
http://www.voi.org/books/

3. The last 3 links at
http://www.hindutva.org/

4. On-line Discussion Forums at
a. Christianity at
http://www.hindunet.org/forum/discus/messages/70/70.html?SaturdayAugust2119990
636pm
b. Islam at
http://www.hindunet.org/forum/discus/messages/35/350.html?MondayAugust30199903
31am

5. For an good list of such works, visit the following URL's
http://www.swordoftruth.com/swordoftruth/bookstore/publication/publications.ht
ml

Hope this helps

Vishal

sampathkumar_2000@yahoo.com writes:

<< Jaisimman s/o Rangasamy
 wrote:
 >> I would like to understand what our view should be
 > of non-vedic religions> such as Islam and
 Christianity ?> Has Visishtadvaita made any explicit
 comments on> these ?

 > How are we to relate to the bible and the koran ?
 > Are we to reject Christ and Muhammad or accept them
 > as saintly persons> according to desha. kala. patra
 but reject their> philosophical systems which> are
 based on ideas contrary to the Vedas ?