Re: Periya Thirumozhi- 1.5- SaaLagraamam - a doubt.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 9, 1999

Sri:

Dear Sri Narayanan,

What a lovely name! It reminds me of ajAmilan. NarayanA! Thanks a lot
for your sweet words on my rambles. "As AzhwAr gave liberty to me
"pidhaRRuminE", I am doing what little I (mis) understand.

Your doubt on "SaaLagraamatthu adigaLai" in the last pAsuram, I
understood (mostly I am wrong!) as the Emperumaan of SaaLagraamam -
because adigaL in this context does not mean "adiyaars" i.e BhagawathAs;
it means: the Lord (?- How?) The reference for me is: GandhiyadigaL; We
do not refer to the servants of Gandhi nor do we refer to feet of
Gandhi.  (Perhaps, in this pAsuram, we can refer to the adigaL (Feet) of
SaaLagraamam Emperumaan. But the hitch is AzhwAr refers to SaaLgraamam's
(the Divya dEsam's) adigaL (Lord). So in all probability, the word
refers to Emperumaan (Lord) of SaaLagraamam.

Where else we can get this clarified? only from Sri Sadagopan or Sri
Anbil Ramaswamy? (mama, please!)

Narayana Narayana

Narayana dAsan Madhavakkannan