You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : February 1999

Re: Periya Thirumozhi- 1.5- SaaLagraamam - a doubt.

From: Kazhiyur Mannar Narayanan (nkazhiyur_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 04:20:40 PST

Dear Swamin(s)

the postings of Sri Madava kannan on Thirumozhi is  extremely good and
it really thrills and brings inexplicable joy for those esp, who know
the pasurams.

i also suggest our friends to keep the tamil version(orignal poems) of
the Arulicheyal and read it along with his great work(kaimkaryam).

in the meanwhile, i have a small doubt.

in the last pasuram, Alwar says "Salagramathu ADILGALAI"

as for as i have understood the word "adigal" means a follower or
a great follower of lord (like our alwar himself)

why should alwar then refer Emperuman as "salagramathu adigal"

i am sure that i have misconceived the real meaning.

please clarify.

best regrds

K.M.Narayanan