You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : February 1999

RE: Placement of Lord rAma, sItA pirATTi etc.

From: Anantha Krishna (ankru_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 10:46:46 PST

>Usually Thayar moolavar vigrahams, are such that, the left hand/palm
>points
>down to the Thiruvadi, and the right hand/palm
>in blessing posture, indicating surrender to me and I will take care.
>Period.

>-Regards
>Sriram Ranganathan

Dear Bhakthi list members,

This is my first mail to this group. I am just a reader of the postings.
I just found this yesterday and felt like sharing it.
When I visited the Malibu temple near LA, I found that in the Sri rAmar
sannidhi at one of the corners of the temple, the Thayar vigraham had
the left hand/palm pointing down to the ground, instead of the Thiruvadi
(as the Thayar vigraham was placed to the left of Sri rAmar) and the
right hand/palm in blessing posture.

regards,
Anantha Krishna