You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : February 1998

Vedas and Upanishads

From: Ram Ramesh (Ram.Ramesh_at_mci.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 11:51:11 PST

Dear bhAgavathas,

       While reciting sikshavalli(taitriya upanishad) after "AmAyanthu
bramhacharina swAhA" we skip "vimayanthu bramhacharina swAhA and
pramayanthu bramhacharina swAhA" and continue from "yaso janesani
swAhA".  Are the parts we skip not in original version of Upanishads?
adiyEn was told that those were not our pAtam.

       Similarly, in pancha sukthi we recite only "sa brahma sa siva
sEndra" whereas some books seem to have  "sa brahma sa siva sa hari
sEndra".

       The above variations are clear when we have a Smartha book and
the one published by SriVaishnava author.

       i seek members of this forum for clarification on the above.

adiyEn,

c.s. ramesh.