adorning the Lord with jewels

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 13, 1997

Mrs. Venkatakrishnan writes:

>Perhaps it is the human nature in us which wishes to see the Lord
>donning all the jewels etc., and so on very much like how parents wish
>to decorate and deck their children and get unbelievable joy out of
>seeing them dressed exquisitely.

A very profound statement.  This desire to adorn the Lord with beautiful
garments and jewels is not just human nature; it is in actuality, an
expression of our True nature as sesatvam to the Lord.  Indeed, one reason
that the Lord appears in the form of the Archa is to provide the earthbound
souls the opportunity to experience this joyous service directly.

Daasanu Daasan,

Mohan