You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : February 1996

Introduction-Vasudhevan.

From: Vasudhevan Madabushi (vasu_at_siarc.com)
Date: Sat Feb 24 1996 - 16:34:14 PST

			SrimathE RAmanujAya Namaha

Dear fellow Bhakthas:

I'd like to thank Vijayaraghavan Triplicane for drawing my attention
towards this group and Mani Varadarajan for including me in the same.
When I was asked to introduce myself by Mani, I was a bit apprehensive,
but after having a look at other introductions in Mani's home page,
I've mustered some courage. So here goes mine. Please bear with me if
this is long.

My name is Vasudhevan Madabushi and I was born in 'little' Kanchipuram
in '67 (coincidentally, both my parents were also born in Kanchi). I
grew up in Madras (did my high schooling in K.V. IIT Madras; A.M.I.E.
in Electronics & Commn. Engr. and worked for a couple of years with
Indchem Electronics) and have been in the US for the past 4-1/2 years.
I have a M.S. in Computer Engineering from Florida Atlantic Univ.,
Boca Raton and currently work for Synopsys, Silicon Architects Group
in Mountain View, California. I have varied interests and am a good
cook too!

On the maternal side, my great-grand mother Smt. Lakshmi's brother is
none other than Prativadi Bhayankaram Sri Annangarachariar Swami of
Kanchipuram. While I was a kid, my mother used to refer to him as
"Umachi thatha" and I have had the privelege of getting his blessings.
I remember having attended a few of his 'kAlakshEbams' but couldn't
comprehend much as I was quite young then. Apart from regularly visiting
Thirupathi, Guruvayoor & Kanchi, the Garuda Sevai in Varadaraja perumal
kovil (Kanchi) was (and is) a must in my family. My father's ancestors
hail from Thirumalai/Thirupathi(I am making an effort to find out more).

Although I am an ardent devotee of the Lord and follow most of the
Vaishnava traditions, I've been totally ignorant of the philosophy
of Sri Vaishnavism, Visishtadvaitam, the Aazhvar paasurams, etc. I
really regret the fact that I didn't learn to read/write in Tamizh.
Fortunately, I can do so in Sanskrit and hope to take advantage of it.
I'd like to make a humble beginning to learn more about Sri Ramanuj-
acharya and the 4000 dhivya prabhandams from the more endowed and
knowledgable people in this group. For the most part I'd only be a
listener (I don't qualify to say anything!) I look forward to educating
and enlightening myself.

We must compliment Mani and others behind the Sri Vaishnava Home Page.
It is a wonderful piece of collection and am sure a lot of effort has
gone into it.

yours,

Vasu

I can be reached at: