Re: outburst of a angry vaishnavite

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 17, 2003

SrI:
SrImate Gopala desika mahadesikaya nama:

The adjective "angry" is inappropriate for a true
Vaishnavite.

Sri Balaji is quite justified in getting shocked to
observe some person whom he "thought" was a true
Vaishnavite.

adiyen got angry at one of the functions organised
by a particular group. (I will leave out the reason
for getting angry). I was feeling sorry to have shown
this "bhavam" since I feel except Bhakti no other
emotion should be shown in Perumal Sannidhi. I mentioned
this to one of my spritual friends. He said that 'to get
angry' is all right when 'adharma' is done. He pacified me
saying that 'I got angry' against 'adharma' and that was
OK.

So Sri Balaji, I think it is OK to get angry in this instance.
We have to 'grow up' and face the reality in the world - it
is filled people of all sorts including those who preach one
thing and practice another.

Lakshmana dasan

--- In bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com, "Mani Varadarajan "