"Bhaja Govindam"

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 6, 2003

Humble pranams to the lineage of guru parampara and all bhagavathas
in the list.

this is further more in support of sri mani, the moderator. he wd
like to say it clearly that take good in any thing inspite of who
ever might have taught.

i accept this strategy heartfully.

here i would like to recall the characterisitcs of  "SWAN" a bird,
when we put milk and water mixed together before that bird,...it
takes only the milk and leaves the water as it is...instead of giving
thought whether the said principle can be followed or not, one may
give more importance to what he has preached.

in my view none of the religions or dharma preaches anything wrong.
the ways of reaching Him, the Ultimate,  may be different but the
Goal is One for All. here again, the One may be Shiva for some and
for us Sri Vishnu. a lucid style of example is : If a non-sri
vaishnava praises vishnu or prayed vishnu, one can take the
praises/prayers on vishnu instead of leaving them.  if not, we are
the losers of enjoying such great compositions.

Here, in Bhaja Govindam, one may to try to understand the
characteristics of this materialistic samsara and then
remain 'unattached' to it. by constantly remembering such verses, not
only by remembering repeatedly, but in my view, one has to start
implementing in their own lifes to develop 'unattachment'. "Be with
Samsara..but do not be "in" Samsara' caption may be best for
understanding bhaja govinda in short.

here i wd also like to add that my views above are not only limited
to bhaja govindam alone but to any such great compositions on Sri
Vishnu which are made by non-sri vaishnavas also are allowed to be
taken into heart as they are made on SRI VISHNU.

since the self has limited knowledge, any mistakes in my
understanding may be forgiven.

jai sriman narayana/gayatri sharma

--- In bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com, "Mani Varadarajan "