You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : February 2002

On Sri Rangam [Forwarded message from Sri Gururaj]

From: Lakshmikumar (lakshmikumar_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 11:46:31 PST

SrI:
SrImatE rAmAnujAya nama:

namO nArAyaNa!

Attached is the message from SrI Ranga Dasa SrI
Gururaj.

rAmAnuja dAsan,
Lakshmikumar

Dear Sri Lakshmi Kumar/Sri Swamy Swarna
I was reading with interest your writingsabout Sri
Vipra Narayana and
how great a devotee he was of Sri Ranganatha of Sri
Rangam.

I went thru the link given by you to know more about
Sri Thondar-adi-
podi Azhwar.I have picked the following Verses which I
LIKED the most
and I am reproducing as below:

QUOTE: <Before concluding Just one look at one of his
GREAT PASURAMS
and let us getblessed by Him.
"OorilEn kANiyillai; uRavu maRRu oruvar illai;/pAril
nin pAtha moolam
paRRilEn parama moorthee;/kAroLi vaNNanE (en) kaNNanE!

kadharuginREn;/AruLar kaLaikaN ammA! arngamA
nagaruLAnE!/"
Meaning: I have no place; no properties; no relatves;
none other than
you;I know only your Lotus feet; O Lord of Blue hued
sky colour! You
only aremy refuge. Can you not hear my cries? Is there
any one else
to save meexcept you?"> UNQUOTE

When I was studying in REC Trichy, I hadthe frequent
opportunity of
visiting Sri Rangam.I used to visit this place almost
every week, and
I had developed  devotion to Sri Ranganatha.I can
recollect the
peacefull and Serene environment the temple has, when
you stand in
front of Sri Ranganatha you will forget the outside
world.

Incidentally the  Saint Shri Vadiraja ( Of
MadwaParampara) has
indicated in his work called THIRTHA PRABANDHA,and
described Sri
Rangam as most -to be visited- placefor Vaishnavas,
along with other
Vaishnava placeslike Badri, Jagannathapuri, Dwaraka
etc.

Sri Ranga Dasa
NS Gururaj

http://sports.yahoo.com