RE: Why the name Kali Yuga?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 18, 2002

	:Om Namo Narayanaya:

kali means bad (papam). After death of lord Krishna this Kaliyuga started.
Exactly 5103 years back. Now 5104 year is running. If you want exactly what
are these yugas and its history you can get from puranams. In bhkati list
previously somebody has already posted this theory.

100 Brahma dina kalpam ----Brahma kalpam
14 manvantaras -- 1 Brahma dina kalpam
72 Mahayugas --1 manvantara
1 mahayuga --- (satya,treta,dwapara,kali)

kali            -    1* 432000
Dwapara         -    2* 432000
Treta           -    3* 432000
Satya           -    4* 432000

For every yuga we get yuga pralaya..and every mahayuga we get mahayuga
pralaya..and for every manvantara pralaya..etc..

Now 7th manvantaras 28th mahayugas last yuga kaliyugas 5104 year is going
on..

If you calculate these years till now aroung 200 crore years passed on..

This time is eactly matching with the shila phalka on Tirumala hills..This
is the big wonder..

This time is exactly matching with our puranas..

Dasan
~Balaji