You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : February 2002

small doubt

From: Venkata Ramakrishna (venkatr_at_sysarris.soft.net)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 00:16:54 PST

Dear learned ones...

Iam a Sri Vaishnavite from Andhra pradesh.

I have few general doubts.

In AP, i never saw anyone with a suffix of 'Iyengar'.
We have 'Chari', or 'Chary' or 'Acharyulu' as the suffixes to the names.

Why is it so? What is the difference between Sri Vaishnavites in Andhra and
other parts? Is there any or is it just naming convention?

Recently i came to know that there are two groups again in Iyengars: i)
Vadagali ii) and Tengalai.

Can anyone explain me the difference between the two?

Regards,

Venkata Ramakrishna