Fw: Emperumanar Darsanam---Yathi Sammelan

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 19, 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: K.Sampathkumar
To: sampathkumar
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 8:54 PM
Subject: Emperumanar Darsanam---Yathi Sammelan

We have posted few mails earlier on Emperumanar Darsanam and the action plan.We had three brain storming sessions  and had planned to document these suggestions and place before H.H.Jeers and Acharya Purushas.In the meeting held last, we were informed of the efforts taken by H.H. Alaghiya Manavala Jeer of Kancheepuram for organizing a Yathi Sammelan.It was also suggested that these suggestions can be placed before them in subsequent  gathering.This suggestion was accepted .One of the importanat suggestion was with regard to confederation of H.H.Jeers and Acharya Purushas.By the grace of  Lord Sriman Narayana this suggestion has been put into action by a dedicted group of people under the guidance of H.H.Jeer Swamy of Kancheepuram.It was a great effort by this dedicated group and pray the confederation grows  for the benefit of humanity and in particular to Srivaishnava community.
Having said these words  let me share with you  some of the soul searching events that took place that day.We were travelling from Adayar and near the Cancer Hospital there was a big crowd.Immediatly we could spot the buses and vans used by a revered  Advaita Saint.We waited to see what was happening .After visiting the hospital the Acharya was getting into the bus followed by  his entourage.People who were comming out of the hospital  were so happy about this visit and proclaimed  "the  patients  are sure to get nargadhi by the blessings of the Acharya".Another one commented  "I have not seen any other Acharya  to visit hospitals to bless the patients." I was awe struck by these comments.Scene two.While waiting to receive the H.H. Jeers,  at Vani Mahal where the Sammelanam was organised,Adiyen started a coversation with one prominent ,respected "who is who"person in the Srivaishnava  community.He lamented the attitude of some of the H.H.Jeers Swamis in not giving whole hearted support for removing some of the irritants among two kalais.He went to the extent of saying" who has gone and seen the  Srivaikuntam" Why fight over the sacred status of  Piratiyar in the company of Sriman Narayana.All these issues should be left to the academicians for writing treatise and not corrupt the young minds who are desirous of learning more about Srivaishnavism.He narrated an incident which happened recently when his nephew had come from States. Going thro two leading Srivaishnava Magazines he got frustrated at the acrimony and hatred and told his uncle that he would like to shift over to the Advaita  Acharya where people do not fight over such issues.The gentleman said  the youngsters have to be insulated from these avoidable skirmishes.He concluded by saying let each kalai follow their own philosophy with repectful understanding to each others point of view.When I  was preparing to leave he called me again and pointed to the thousand s of people assembled and posed this question.Sampath pl show me how many of the persons assembled here have not  got sambahandam with other kalai? I said  may be few . He said, then why all these  unwarranted irritants.The final comment was something I  didnot expect.He said all of us should force the H.H.Jeers Swamis to shed their differences and lead the way.He again qualified by saying let each H.H.Jeers follow their own Sampradayam but let them all do something together for Propagation of Emperumanar Darsanam.The oft repeated slogan unity in diversity flashed in my mind.By this time I was bold enough and narrated what I saw  near Cancer hospital and the visit of Advaita Acharya.The final lid flew like saucer."We are still in the age of Dhadheeyaradhanam"It will take ages to change this culture "I have immense hope and faith on youngsters to  follow the Emperumanar Darsanam"
Jaya Sriman Narayana
Sri Mudaliyandan Swami shishya sampath