Re: Sri Vaishnava Yathi Sammelanam-Report & about Photos

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 13, 2001

Dear Bhagavatas:

Some of you may remember that IN THE FIRST EVER SRIVAISHNAVA CONFERENCE in
the USA, organized under the auspices of "Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam" in
Dr. Venkat Kanumalla's place in Pomona, a talk on "Srivachana Bhooshanam" by
Sri M.R. Srinivasan, of Tennacharya Sampradayam was arranged.

You will remember that about 1 1/2 years ago, I mooted the move for unity
among Srivaishnavas in the USA. I was just reflecting the sentiments of our
Acharyas only. For reasons best known to them, the response from some key
players here was not very enthusiastic though the response from the general
membership was highly encouraging.

I am glad that steps have been taken to project the theme in concrete shape,
at the level of Acharyas themselves who had come together in a FIRST EVER
CONFEDERATION of Matathipathis and Pontiffs of the various Ashramams.

We should be ever grateful for organising committee Members viz.,

1. Sri S.V.S Raghavan
2. Sri T.S. Ramaswamy
3. Sri Eyetex R Rajagopal
and
also to Sri Srinivasan Swami of Brakes India for having inaugurated  this
historical and epoch making, "never-before" event to come true.

At least from now on. let us all close our ranks, ignore the apparent
differences in viewpoints betwwen Kalais, come together as the true follwers
of our glorious Parampara of Bhagavad Ramanuja, Swami Desika and Manavala
Mamunigal and try to learn the finer aspects they have propounded for our
benefit and the benefit of posterity.

I hereby pledge to place my services at your disposal for espousing this
noble cause.

May I invite suggestions on how best we from our end could help in achieving
the objectives promulugated in the Confederation?.

Please email your suggestions to "Ramanbil@hotmail.com" and NOT to the
yahoogroup address.

Thank you

Dasoham