Re: A prayer for the unfortunate ones

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 31, 1999

--- Ramanbil@aol.com wrote:
> Dear Bhagavatas
> I fully agree with Sri Sampathkumar that we should
> pray for the safety of the
> unfortunate victims. In this connection, I have one
> suggestion to make.
> Sri Anjaneya is known for saving those on the brink
> of death.

Within an hour after receiving the above message and
just a few minutes ago adiyen learnt that the ordeal
in Afghanishtan is over and after 7days of being kept
hostage and blindfolded inside an aircraft, the poor
passengers will be let off soon in the next few
hours!!

Like thousands of others all over the world, perhaps,
the list members too decided to pray for the release
by reciting the Vishnu=sahasranAmam or select shlOkas
from the Sundara-kAndam or shlOkas invoking
Anjaneya... those prayers seem to have been answered!

regards,
dAsan,
Sampathkumaran