You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : December 1999

Re: Information about Narasimha

From: sampath kumar (sampathkumar_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 23:15:51 PST

--- Rajaram Venkataramani <rajav@hclt.com> wrote:
> Dear Bhagavathas,
> I am interested in knowing information about the
> pastimes of Lord Narasimha.
> Rajaram V.

Dear Sri.Rajaram,

As far as I know, one of the greatest pastimes of
Nrsimhan is to frolic around the banks of the River
Vegavati near Vellukai-Kancheepuram, waiting for a
bhakta like Prahalada to appear before Him. He has
been waiting now since a long, long time. So much so,
that they are all missing Him in his abode in
SriVaikuntam.

The riverside on which Nrismhan sported to keep
himself occupied dried up long time ago. But if you
are a devotee of Nrisimhan you can certainly perceive
Him there even today exactly as Swami Desikan
perceived him seven centuries ago:

   bandhumakhilasya jantOhO
    bandhura paryanka bandha ramaNeeyam
   vishama vilOchana meeDE
    vegavati pulina kEli narasimham II
              ("kAmAsikAshtakam")

Why don't you go to Kancheepuram and see for yourself?

dAsan,
Sampathkumaran