Re: Vaikunda Ekadasi festival begins

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 13, 1999

--- Ramanbil@aol.com wrote:
> Dear Sri Sampathkumar
> > The two sentences -
> (1) relating to Arayar Sevai and
> (2) relating to Police Bandobast
> have to be read apart (as given in the announcement
> itself) > and not together (as you have done)
>
> In any major event attracting huge crowds, it is not
> only  customary but also > the bounden duty of the
Police to provide> appropriate protection and security

> to the law abiding people against unsocial elements,
> (which are also bound to > be there on such
occasions! )
> Dasoham
> Anbil Ramaswamy

Dear Anbil swamy,

Hastening to assure you adiyen was only voicing a wry
concern that these days in holy Rangam even our
beloved Ranga needs "police bandobast" to enjoy his
famous "arayar-sevai"! Adiyen said this in a
reflective mood since my mind for a moment went back
in time to say the 9/10th century and wondered if in
those days people who gathered for the arayar-sevai
ever thought of things like "untoward incidents" and
"bandobast". adiyen doubts it.

adiyen was only making a stray comment on how harsh
and loud these days are the intrusions of the secular
world into the religious.

Hope respected Anbil Swami avargal will not otherwise
misunderstand adiyen's remarks.
dAsan,
Sampathkumaran