Re: Vaikunda Ekadasi festival begins

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 10, 1999

--- Ramanbil@aol.com wrote:
> Dear Bhagavatas

TIRUCHI, DEC. 9. The Annual Vaikunda Ekadasi
> Festival at the Sri > Ranganathaswami temple at
Srirangam commenced today> with ``Arayar Sevai'' at
> the Arjunan mandapam by Sri Nathamuni Arayar.
> There was heavy police bandobust at the temple to
> prevent any untoward > incidents.

adiyen also read this report and is still wondering
how these days along with "tirunedunthangam"
recitations, "untoward incidents" and "heavy police
bandobast" have also become part and parcel of
"arayar-sevai"! (Beauty and the beastly, I guess.)

But then who can question such things and hope to get
valid answers? It is all Ranganathan's "tiruvullaM"!
If it is "bhagavath-sankalpam" that 'arayar-sevai'
must be conducted under "heavy police-bandobast" ...
we better accept it.

Just a thought.

dAsan,
Sampathkumaran