Re: Santhyavadanam and Gayathri mantra

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 7, 1998

"Sathyanarayanan K"  writes:

     [...]
     > I hope that I could get a good response to my above queries
     > from this elited forum, as all members are following the foot
     > prints of SRI RAMANUJA, who by himself pronounced the(esoteric)
     > mantra of SriMan Narayanan from a high temple tower. As you may
     > be knowing, he did so mainly to benefit all people and to
     > emphasize that the Lord is common to all, from a begger to a
     > king. This arised much of anger among the brahmins at that time
     > and they even tried to kill our Ilaiyazhvaar.  However they
     > could not succeed as the Lord himself stood by Sri Ramanuja.

Sriya:patayE nama:

Contrary to the popular belief, SrI rAmAnujAcArya only spoke about the
glories of the mantra-s to inspire ardent devotees (mumukshu-s) to approach
sadAcArya-s and to get samASrayaNam, kAlakshEpam and prapatti so
SrIman-nArAyaNa would grant them mOksham. (ie complete brahmAnubhavam and
uninterupted eternal service to SrIman-nArAyaNa.)

-aDiyEn,   Ram