RE: tiru aradhana during maargazhi

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 2, 1998

Madhavakkannan wrote:
> I am simply wonderstruck at
> the analysis and involvement with which you three are discussing, (when I
> have been performing all of them at akaalams only most of the time and
> perhaps, wrongly too!).

Dear Madhavan,

The other two deserve these compliments, but frankly, I do not.
Lest people think otherwise, I also do most of my religious
duties at less than optimal times. My habit of getting up
late in the morning is a constant source of humor for my
family.  I rarely perform mAdhyAhnikam and my knowledge of
brahma yajnam, AupAsana hOmam and other obligatory duties is
next to nothing.

This is not false modesty -- anyone who spends a day with me
would find this to be true.  I mention this because I am afraid
that the questions I pose make it seem that I am 100% thorough
in these daily rituals!

At present I am
trying to learn how to do the daily ArAdhanai in the simplest
of forms.  My questions are prompted by a desire to know, at
the very least, the proper way as practiced by our predecessors,
so I can incorporate what I can into my daily routine.

namo nArAyaNAya,
Mani