Re: Need Info : Gostipuram Svaami

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 12, 1997

At 02:25 PM 12/12/97 -0500, Ram Gopalaswamy wrote:
>Curious about Gostipuram Sri Sowmya Naaraayanaacarya Svaami's
>background & guru parampara.
>
>Could knowledgeable members help ?
>
>                                                       HarE KrshhNa!

Goshtipuram Sri Sowmya Narayanaacharya Svaami is the Guru of SM
Srinivasachari, the author of 5 or 6 standard books on Vaishnavism,
Introduction to Visistadvaita - astudy based on Tattvamuktakalapa,
Visistadvaita & Advaita - based on Satadushani of Sri Vedanta Desika,
Mysticism and pHilosophy of Alwars etc.

Goshtipuram swamy, as he is known was a great scholar who was a grihasta
who taught many acharyas! He was a classic chatus-shastrajna.  Most
scholars of Srivaishnavism know this person and respect him for his class
as a teacher in philosophy and a rigid shrotriya who lived the orthodox way.

Please let me know how you came across this person's name.

Adiyen Krishna Kalale