Srirangam Vaikuntha Ekadasi

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 30, 1996

From: keshava@srirangam.rect.ernet.in
To: Mani Varadarajan
Date:          Sun, 22 Dec 1996 18:07:29 IST+530
Subject:       Re: srirangam

Happy Vaikuntha Ekadasi to all of you from Sri Rangam. We spent the
whole night of dasami in the temple. I got some very good video of
Nam Perumal in Mohini Alankaram giving honors to the Azhvars. Then we
went at midnight to the santana mandapa and sat with some friends
until 3.30 am and got first darsan of Nam Perumal in Rathnangi
Alankaram. After that we went straight in to the sanctum and saw the
Muthangi Alankaram on Lord Ranganatha (Moolar). After this we were
suposed to go with the procession through the Paramapada Vasal at
4.30 am but they have constructed all metal fences and gates to
control the crowd so due to some mixup the police could only find the
key for that gate by 5.30 am. This was a bit of a let down as on
other years we have been able to go along with Nam Perumal or just
after Him through the gate. Anyway the crowd was less because there
had been torential rain here for the last two weeks. Now the weather
is fine. And we are daily going to the Thirumamani Mandapa (thousand
pillared mandapa) for the Ariayar Seva.

Keshava das
Bhakti devi