You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : December 1995

(no subject)

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani)
Date: Wed Dec 06 1995 - 12:56:52 PST

Murali wrote:
*
* Well, I would tend to disagree with taming the problem so lightly, more
* because the upadesham from Narayana to Lakshmi, passed on through the
* guru parampara to our present acharya has been mentioned in no less an
* authoritative reference as Rahasya Traya Saara (RTS), which is my opinion
* as the old timers say, is the magnum opus of Vedanta Desika.
*

I looked at Rahasya Traya Saaram yesterday, and I could not
find a direct reference to upadesam to either Lakshmi Thaayaar
or Vishvaksenar. Perhaps Desikar knew of the logical difficulties
involved and deliberately left it ambiguous!

Mani