RE: sree vishnu sahasra naamaavali -post 29

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 19, 2002

Dear Sri Vijaya raghavan and other bhakthaas

The word "kaama" as per dictionary means
	Wish
	Desire
	Longing
	Love
	Affection
	Pleasure
	Desire personified
	Object of love pleasure or desire.
	Refer page 271 col 3 of monier williams.

	Any thing starts as a wish or liking.
	When it gets intensified becomes a desire.
	When this desire gets concentrated it becomes longing.
	When this longing gets strengthened it becomes lust or greed.

	This greed leads to craving for the objects connected with that unfulfilled wish and thinks of all means of attaining these objects desired.

	The different means are the real cause for worry rather than the desire and its fruit.

	That is why our elders advise us to put a ceiling on the desires, so that, it is some what easy to kill the wish itself, rather than develop it leading to all further complications.

	But if this desire is on HIM that krishna, the kaama:
	then that "kaama" is always welcome to go to any extent
	for that greed leading to craving is for Him
	which is THE intense bhakti on him

- like aaNdaaL - to say I just can not bear - pl bring some thing connected with HIM to remove the heat of my longing for him.

Further when HE is
	the giver of that desire,
	the means of achieving the desire, and further
	the fruit of that desire is also HIMSELF,
	there is nothing wrong in having that desire nor holding back that desire.
	No need to put a ceiling also.

	Ok. Just for argument sake accept any other wish or desire - materialistic or other - just have a wish or desire - even intense also
	but if mentally prepared to accept any thing coming in the way of fulfilling that wish / desire as HIS prasaadham
	this is what I got from HIM as fulfillment of my wish / desire or want
then this kind of desiring and getting it fulfilled is also welcome.

Once you are in this path of desiring something and accepting as his prasaadham, may be, then perhaps you are ripe enough to wish big and get that also fulfilled, for, he is the desiring person in you, the means to get it fulfilled, and the fruit giver also.

Trust I am giving you some clarification. [ or really confusing?]

Further questions are welcome.

Dhasan

Vasudevan m.g.