Re: (unknown)

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 3, 2002

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
Dear Shri Shreyas,
I just want to let everyone know that I am not trying to interpret
Nammazhwar's pasuram on my own nor am I trying to support anya-devata
worship. I am a person who strictly follows Mamunigal's pasuram you quoted:)
All that I said was that, it really matters to one to realize that HE is one
and his own form is that of Sriman Narayanan according to the Vedas and all
other forms are none but his manifestations(like Siva, Brahma etc) which
cannot be compared to HIM.

Let us also not forget the first pasuram of Nammazhwar from his last ten
"Muniye Nanmugane Mukkannappa En Pollakkanivai...."

My point was not to support anya-devatha worship! But, to just remind
everyone that the form really doesn't matter as long as we see Sriman
Narayanan in those forms. WELL! Seeing paramatman in one is DEFINITELY
different from saying that it is paramatman. It is the my understanding that
the former abides Vishistadvaitam while the latter is the Advaitin's
perspective:)

And I don't see a reason why Sri Visu's quote was irrelevant in that context
 I still would stick to the point that the quote was pretty appropriate to
the context. But I never meant that Shri Visu's opinions/interpretations on
that pasuram were appropriate as I wouldn't even want to comment on them.

Sarva Aparaadhaan Kshamasva!

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,
Lakshmi Narasimhan