Re: Ramayanam and Divya Prabhandam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 29, 2002

This is in reply to the mail by sri ramaswamy who wrote...##

> > In rAmAyanam, after vAli is shot by Sri rAman, he
> > accuses rAman for the adharmA done to him, hitting
> > from behind. Then Sri rAman comes to him and
> > explains

As far i know there is no mention of rama hiding behind a tree during
the killing of vaali. valmiki does mention that rama and other monkey
leaders were behind the tree, during the first encounter of sugriva
and vaali, wherein rama doesn't shoot at vaali ...but when sugriva
goes to fight vaali again, with a garland on his neck, the author(i.e
valmiki) doesn't mention that rama was behind a tree.
      Again the statement that rama was behind the tree is made by
vaali, who is lying on the ground caught in the jaws of death...A man
who is severely injured and is nearing his death does not have any
kind of reasoning left in him...he will just say anything...I think
this statement is also made by valmiki in valmiki ramayana....i don't
remember the exact sanskrit verses...If any other member knows it,
he/she can update us about it.

Rgds
murali

>  --- Ramasamy  wrote: > Sri:
> > SrimatE rAmAnujAya nama:
> > Dear VaishnavAs,
> > In rAmAyanam, after vAli is shot by Sri rAman, he
> > accuses rAman for the adharmA done to him, hitting
> > from behind. Then Sri rAman comes to him and
> > explains
> > >
> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

__