Re: Ramayanam and Divya Prabhandam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 29, 2002

--- govind srinivasan  wrote:

> Dear All
> I am fortunate to attend the ongoing lectures at
> Narada Gana Sabha on Ramayana and Divya Prabhanda by
> Dr.Venkatakrishnan. I want to share with this group
> a beautiful message he gave.
>
> In Ramayana we find that whenever, Sita is by the
> side
> of Rama, those who confront Rama are saved from
> death
> (Surpanakha, Kakasura etc) All the Destructions take
> place when  Rama is not in the company of Sita. The
> Divine Mother does not give up on anybody!

Dear Sri Srinivasan,

Not really, there were raksasas killed even though
Sita Devi was with  Sri Rama and Laksamana. In Aranya
Kanda, Viradhda (gandharva Tumburu who was cursed by
Kubera) was killed by both Rama and Laksamana plus
Khara, Dusana , Trisira and their amy of raksasas was
also killed by Rama (after Surpanaka's incident) in
presence of Sita and Laksamana.

Regards
Bala.

=====