You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : December 2001

Ekadesi Vratham

From: krishnan murali (muralikrishnan21_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 03:35:56 PST

Dear Sirs,

Could elders kindly tell me how to follow Ekadesi
Upavaasam? Like what to eat, what not to, when to eat,
when not to etc.

Is Upavaasam and Vratham same? If Upavaasam is just
fasting and Vratham something higher, then is it
possible to do that and if so how?

Please forgive me if I sound too inquisitive. I have
heard from my parents that Ekadesi Vratham is good
both for physical & mental/spiritual health. But,
since I stay away from my parents and had not done
this before, these questions.

Thanks in advance.

MuraliKrishnan

http://greetings.yahoo.com