Re: meaning of the sloka

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 6, 2001

Dear Sri. Raji Sridhar,

Namaskarams.  The sloka given by you comes in
KAAMAASIKAASHTAKAM by Sri Nigamantha Mahadesikan.
This slokam describes Sri LakshmiNrusimhan.  The
meaning of the sloka is given below:

"Thvayi rakshathi rakshakai kimanyaihi
 Thvayitha rakshathi rakshakai kimanyaihi"

"If you protect us there is no need for others
If you dont protect us who else can do it ?"

This sloka is the 8th verse of KAAMAASIKAASHTAKAM
which describes the sitting posture of
SriLakshmiNrusimhan.

Detailed meaning of this and many other Desikan Slokas
is given in a book by Prof.A Srinivasaraghavachariar
titled LIFE AND WORKS OF SRI DESIKAN and the copy is
available at KR Ramaseshan, 47, Krishnamachari Nagar,
Valasaravakkam, Chennai 600 087.

Thanks

kpnarasimhan