Re: [Re: Kapila muni's sAnkhyA]

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 14, 2000

Dear SrI Chandrasekaran Venkatraman,

There is no controversy with the paraSurAma avathAram also. Sage
Kapila who authored the nireeSwara sAnkya is often confused with
the other Kapila(s). But even if this "nireeSwara sAnkya" Kapila is
taken as a Yogi with so-called "power" to find many things, which
are not known to common people, his words are against the pramANam and
therefore his sAnkya is rejected. This is what I outlined using the
"smruthyanavakASa dOsha prasanga... " sUtra, implicitly answering
your question.

SrI Mani Varadarajan wrote:
>The Vedantic conclusion, of course, is that not only did God create
>the universe, God Himself *became* the universe.  The various Vedantic
>schools elaborate on this fundamental idea. [*]

'God himself "became" the universe' means that the God SrIman NArAyaNa
attributed by all chit and achit entities in subtle (sUkshma) form as
his SarIram, as per his sankalpam, became attributed by all chit and
achit entities in 'expanded' sUthala form.

The sUkshma chit-achit viSishta Brahman SrIman NArAyaNa is the
kAraNam (cause)

The sthUla chit-achit viSishta Brahman SrIman NArAyaNa is the
kAryam (effect).

This clearly establishes nirdOshatvam, nirvikArathvam of Brahman.

The swarUpa iykyam (identity) of ParamAthma and the universe
(all chit and achit vastus) is NOT the purport here. Universe
is different from ParamAthma SrIman NArAyaNa. But by the
Sareera-Athma relationship between the universe and BhagavAn,
the Vedanta explains clearly that the ParamAthma is
upAdAna kAraNAm as well as nimiththa kAraNam of the universe.

Thanks & Regards
M.S.HARI RAmAnuja DAsan (mshari@usa.net)