Re: SrI vishNu sahasranAmam related.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 12, 2000

Dear Sri Krishnamachari mama

I would like to bring to your attention the re-publication of a book
by my grandfather Sri K. E. Parthasarathy intially published in the
60's.

This book (i do not recall the title) is a comparitiive study of Sri
Shankara's and Sri Bhattar's commentaries on  Sri Vishnu Sahasara
Namam.

The current publishers (Ganesh Publications) have got another
manuscript based on Dwaita interpretation and is in the process of
incorporating that as part of the re-publication.

What I am told is the new book  would be a compilation of all three
commentaries. They are planning to print about 500 copies or so the
first go around.

I'll keep you posted on the publication date as I get more
information.

Thanks

Adiyen

Venkatesh K. Elayavalli

--- In bhakti-list@egroups.com, Narasimhan Krishnamachari
 wrote:
> Dear Bhakta-s:
>
> Many of you who follow the postings on the above might have noticed
> that I only refer to interpretations from the viSisTAdvaita and the
> advaita AcAryas, or those who follows these disciplines.  After
having
> been involved in this kaimkaryam for over three years and having
> covered close to 600 nAma-s, I am convinced that the anubhavam of
> SrIman nArAyaNa's guNa-s crosses the philosophy to which one
> subscribes.  The only requirement to enjoy His guNa-s is to enjoy
His
> guNa-s.  The only reason I have not covered the interpretations of
some
> of the other major schools is because I do not have access to these
> additional interpretations.  This note is to appeal  to the members
of
> this group that if they have access to any additional
interpretations