You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 1999

Thirupalliyeluchi Translation

From: Ranjani.Varadarajan (RMOHAN.IN.ORACLE.COM.ofcmail_at_in.oracle.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 10:49:44 PDT

Dear Bhaktas,

I am working on a translation of Tondaradippodi Alvar's Thirupalliyeluchi,
and I am wondering if somebody can help.  While I have a general
translation, I am looking for both a word for word translation (to help me
learn sen tamil) and a detailed translation to understand inferences.  So
far I have a somewhat shaky translation for the first three verses, but I am
not satisfied.  A translation of one verse a day or even every few days
would be fine.   If a translation has already been done, please point me to
the source.  Thank you.

thondaradippodi aazhvaar thiruvadigaLE saraNam ,

adiyen,
Ranjani