You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 1999

Counting and concentration in Gayathri japam.

From: Dan Pattangi (danp_at_uic.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 10:52:10 PDT

Sri Anand. Excellent suggestion. Thanks.

Like Sri Mani, my fingers hurt as well, setting up an alarm would help.

I have a question pertaining to what Sri Mani said:
I used to face the Sun (With eyes closed) during the Japam, but ,it started
effecting my clarity of vision for upto 2 hours after
avani avittam prayers.

So, my question is: Is it ok to be facing the Sun (in the mornings)
 (Especially if its for an hour or so.)

Adiyen Dasan,

Mukund