RE: Sri Narayaneeyam-99th dasakam, 10th slokam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 24, 1999

Dear Sri KrishNa KalalE :

Thanks for your note on Sri Bhattadhiri's
Sri NaarAyaNIyam .

I wrote that article under my own name .
Sri SantAna GopAlAchAr , Sri Mukkur
Lakshmi NrusimhAchAr and others have
enjoyed Sri NaarayaNIyam in addition to
Dr.N.S.AanantharangAchAr .

When it comes to Ishta Dhaivams ,Some BhakthAs
like Saint ThyagarAjA experience " ThrimUrthi
atitha Bhavam/Vaatham ". Saint Thyagaraja in
one of his krithis weighs the thrimurthis
in one scale of the balance against Sri Ramachandran
and declares that the side containing Sri RaamA
stayed below and the other side went up.

Sri NaarAyana Bhattadhiri's KrishNa Bhakthi
is summed up in the verse that he composed for his
Guru, when latter asked him to compose a poem .
His poem was :

KrishNO rakshathu maam charAchara Guru:
  KrishNam NamasyE sadhA
KrishNainEva SurakshithOahamasakruth
  KrishNAya dhattham mana:
KrishNAdhEva SamudhbhavO mama VibhO;
  KrishNasya DaasOsmyaham
KrishNE BhakthirasanchalAsthu Bhagavan
  hEy KrishNa Thubhyam nama:

Sri Bhattadhri has included all the Vibhakthis
in this slOkam that he composed as a boy.His
Poorva samskAram blossomed as Sri KrishNa Bhakthi .

Bhakthi is pradhAnam in Sri NaarayaNIyam .
It is a condensation of Srimadh BhAgavatham .
Sri NaarAyaNa Bhakthi need not be tested
against familiar arguments about Advaitham
and VisishtAdvaitham . Sri naarAyaNIyam can
be simply enjoyed as a Bhakthi-laden experience
of an illustrious  Sri KrishNa Bhakthar .KeraLA
with its deep attachment to the dasama Skandham of
Srimadh Bhagavatham had great Sri KrishNa Bhakthars
like Sri LeelA Sukhar of Sri krishNa karNAmrutham
fame and Sri naarAyaNa Bhattadhiri of Sri NaarAyaNIyam
fame. Anyone standing in the early morning hours at
Sri GuruvAyurappan Sannidhi immersed in " Sri NaarAyaNA ,
Hare KrishNA " ghOshams can not but be thrilled
by the intensity of Sri Krishna bhakthi of
the sevArthis . Srimadh Azhagiya Singhar
visite Sri GuruvAyurappan's temple recently
and I amwaiting to read his anubhavam
at Sri KrishNan Sannidhi .

In a separate note , I have responded to
Mr.Vesel's question .

V.Sadagopan