You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 1999

updated upAkarma (AvaNi aviTTam) procedure

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani_at_be.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 12:10:54 PDT

Dear Bhaktas,

I have made a few corrections and added some mantras with
svaras to the yajur upAkarma procedure. It can be seen at

http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/rituals/upakarma/procedure.html

Please use this instead of the previous version.

For those who do not have Web access, send me some email
and I will email you a copy.

By the way, you must view/print use a fixed-width font for
the svaras to appear in the proper places.

For Rg Vedis who need an outline of the Rg upAkarma
procedure, please email me immediately and I will send you
some notes based on a book that I have.

Mani