You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 1999

RE: RE: Sri Vaishnava tradition

From: Sankaran Panchapagesan (panchap_at_mail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 23:34:37 PDT

Namaste.

>aalOtya sarva saasthrANi vichaaryascha puna: puna: /
>idham yEkam sunishparNam dhyEyO nArAyaNas sadhaa:
>(Sage VyAsA  "I have carried out all research in  all saashtrAs; >I have
done

Can you give a reference for this?

>Even for Sankaracharyas (Kanchi), they utter Narayana smaraNam, >and never
says
>Siva is greater..

They wouldn't assert either to be the greater and would hold that both are
ultimately non-different, is it not?

>The Purusha sUktham says: anthar bhahithschathassarvam vyApya >nArAyaNas
sthithah:

This is from the nArAyaNa sUktam (also part of the mahAnArAyaNa upanishad),
not the purusha sUktam, I think.

Regards,
Ganesh.

FREE Email for ALL! Sign up at http://www.mail.com