You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 1998

Re: Dasaavataara Sannidhi

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani_at_be.com)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 16:00:03 PDT

Sriman Jaganath wrote:
> Finally, as Srimad Azhagiya Singar Himself has said, "tvayi rakshati
> rakshakaih: kim anyaih: tvayi chA rakshati rakshakaih: kim anyaih: I"

SrImad azhagiya singar may have incorporated this
line into a discourse or stotram, but the original
is from v.8 of SrI dEsikan's "kAmAsika-ashTakam".
The second pAda should read (this is not clear in
Jaganath's excerpt above, and it is very important):

   tvayi cha arakshati rakshakai: kim anyai:
         ^^^^^^

Mani

[ The meaning -- "If You protect me, of what use are other
                  protectors?
                  And if You don't protect me, of what use
                  are other protectors?" ]