Re: isn't there one to vote for ahObilam?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 14, 1998

Sri Murali Rangaswamy wrote:

> I wish to point out that Sri Vaishnavas need not pay
> 10 bucks for a one second Darshanam of Tiruvenkatan. One service
> which is absolutely free is the daily SaRRmuRai Seva. One can get
> a Darshan of the Lord from less than 10 ft away for 25 minutes
> without paying a single penny! Again glory be to Goda Piratti for
> blessing us with these verses, for these pave the way to
> Lord Srinivasa for free! Thanks again Sri Sarangapani.

This is true, and I have had the blessed fortune of
seeing thiruvEngadam udaiyaan unobstructed during
this sEvai, without anyone saying "jargaNdi" (Telugu
speakers, please pardon any mistakes in spelling!).

I would like to point out that unfortunately, this sEvai
is only open to men, not to women, and the men have to
wear yajnopavIta, wear thirumaN, and have no sideburns
or exclusive mustache.  This restricts it essentially
to brahmins, or to those adventurous few who don a
yajnopavIta to sneak in!

Mani