You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 1998

upAkarma question

From: Mani Varadarajan (mani_at_be.com)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 13:40:20 PDT

forwarded question

-------------------------------------

I like to ask you a favor from you. We belong to yajur vEda and have a
question about the upAkarma. In the San Francisco area, on 7th Aug
there is a Lunar eclipse between 6:30pm - 8:30 pm and is visible. I came
to know that we cannot perform the upAkarma on this day. Is it possible
for you to ask a knowledgeable person on when we to perform the upAkarma
due to the lunar eclipse on 7th Aug i.e poornima day. Some of my friends
belong to Rig vEda and please also inquire for rig vEda too.