You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 1997

small clarification

From: Srikanth Hemmige (h_r_srikanth_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 10 1997 - 21:43:11 PDT

My SAshtAnga namaskArams to all BhAgavatAls.  My name is srikanth.I have
already introduced myself.    I am asking this question out of
curiosity.If it has already been asked earlier,please pardon me.    Why
is there an apparent contradiction between "karmaNye vAdhikArathe....."
and "sarvadharmAn parithyajya..." ?    also in the RAmAyana, Sri Rama
says that it is the duty of every individual to perform "pithru VAkya
paripalana".  In that case why did't Prahlada follow the same with his
father?    I am asking these out of sheer curiosity and nothing else.
adiEn,  Srikanth.