Re: nArAyananE, namakkE

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 7, 1997

Sampath Rengarajan wrote:

> Yes you are right ! Logically this statment of mine can be proved
> wrong. I am wrong in presenting this concept of prapatti by these mere
>
> statments and without any details. I was not focussing to go into the
> debate between our two paths.

I did not intend to do that either. I just wanted to clarify what my
understandingof prapatti is.

>          Hence we end up calling prapatti process as prapatti itself.
> Since an upAyam is attained through this process (we beleive the Lord
> gave the word to us through acharyAL at this moment) it can also be
> called technically as an upAyam as whole (process).

Thanks for your explanation about baaranyaasam and your understandingof
prapatti. I have a question - Can I consider baaranyaasam as a vyaaja?

> In Sri Ramanuja
> vaibavam Lord VARADHAR answers that "prapattiyum upAyamE" in those
> questions and answers. The thenkalai schools also accept this
> conversation of Lord Varadhar as real. But then what is their
> vyAkyAnam
> or interpretation for this. Can you or someother thenkalai bAgwathALs,
>
> please explain. I am requesting this just as an info and not as a
> challenge.  Finally if you will agree with Lord varadhar's words as
> truth, then Will you allow me also to call prapatti as an upAyam and
> repeat Lord Varadhar's words whatever may the interpretation from
> one's
> school for that?

To be honest, this is the first time I have heard about Varadaraajar
saying'prapattiyum upaayamE'. Can you give me some material on this -
just
for my understanding.Aazhwaar emerumaanaar jeeyar thiruvadigaLE saranam,

Varadhan