You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 1997

Altered Sankha -chakra hasthams at ThirukkovalUr

From: V. Sadagopan (75041.3037_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 1997 - 04:35:07 PDT

Dear Sri Vijayaraghavan Srinivasan :

Thanks for your note. I will try to get a copy of
Sucharithra RakshA from Sri K.G.KrishNan of
Chennai . He is the son in law of Sri UtthamUr
SwamigaL . I do not have the copy here for ready reference .

Regarding the changed dhAraNam of the Divine conch
and Chakram , Swami Desikan intreprets it in his commentary
on the fifth slokam of DehaLeesa Sthuthi . He connects it to
Thirumangai's paasuram there . I will cove rit as we get deeper
into the Sthuthi .
Best Wishes ,
V.Sadadgopan